Friday, October 16, 2009

More Apple Deliciousness

IMG_2382

I saw this recipe over at the blog for Artisan Bread in Five Minutes a Day, and just had to try it. It is a coffee cake with layers of brioche dough, thinly slices apples and pears, and streusel topping. Not sure why mine doesn't look nearly as pretty as theirs, but it is delicious. I left out the pear and made mine with just apples, and I also made it in a springform bundt-type pan (thinking I would get all fancy or something). Will definitely make this again, but with fresh brioche dough (mine came from the freezer) and see if that helps it rise a bit better. Overall, another sweet success with the apples. I'd really better run out of apples soon, all this baking is not helping the waistline one bit.

No comments:

Post a Comment