Thursday, July 1, 2010

Where do you go to school?

It's that time.

Kindergarten. We got a little extra time due to a fall birthday, but this fall my five-year-old and her friends will be marching off to kindergarten.

Woods

It just turns out that our girl won't be marching all that far.

The kitchen table, to be exact.

Yes, while our eldest is gearing up to begin her senior year in high school, we have decided to homeschool the kindergartner.

Some days I'm overwhelmed by what I've taken on, but I am also truly exhilarated by the possibilities. I am so excited about this journey we've begun. It seems such a natural extension of our family culture, that it's funny to think how biased I was against homeschooling just a few years ago.

Just one of the many benefits I've seen so far: continuity. I know exactly what it is my girl is working on, what she needs to practice, and the learning comes with us wherever we go.

Sea

All the way to the woods and the sea.

3 comments:

  1. Good for you! I think that is such an exciting opportunity for you both, I hope you enjoy it and find new discoveries and "lessons" daily :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. It really is a wonderful path and journey.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is great news, Laura! You are going to do WONDERFULLY!

    ReplyDelete