Monday, April 19, 2010

Oh... hello.

Peas, sprouting

I seem to have taken an unplanned 10-day vacation from blogging. Sometimes, life needs attending to. But I think I've got the chaos down to a dull roar, so I'm back.

Not writing every day did free up a little time, I must say. The past ten days have seen the following accomplishments:

- I finally finished the book I've been reading for weeks, The Book of Air and Shadows (excellent, by the way -- I love thrillers that work Shakespeare into the story).
- We mucked out the pond, fixed the leak issue, moved lots of very heavy stones, and generally made the place habitable again.
- We had our first visit in months from our friendly neighborhood bathroom-window-sleeping bat.
- The peas sprouted.
- I nearly killed all of my seedlings by leaving them out in the sun on a day that should not have been over 90 degrees in early April, dagnabbit. I am a terrible seed-mother. The sage and thyme might not make it. Very, very sad.
- I cooked quite a number of worth-writing-home-about meals.
- We moved furniture around.
- We entertained friends, old and new.
- I spent some quality time with my sewing machine.
- I did the dreaded taxes, phew.

Looking forward to getting back in the game. Got some fun stuff to share with you this week, in celebration of Make Week over at Simple Organic, as well TV-Turn-Off/Digital-Detox/turn-that-thing-off-and-get-out-in-the-world Week. Should be fun.

No comments:

Post a Comment