Saturday, February 6, 2010

Got snow?

Have a seat!

If you're anywhere in the Mid-Atlantic region and have been hit by this amazing blizzard, then you've got snow! I know we have more than our share.

Starting to dig out the driveway

And if you're looking for more ways to entertain yourself with all that snow, why not build an igloo? All you need is some loaf pans to use as molds for the bricks. A nice, heavy, wet snow like this one is perfect for this, since the bricks actually stay together. (Thanks to my brilliant husband for coming up with the idea to use bread pans, which of course we have in spades!)

Starting the igloo

Igloo

Unfortunately, yesterday's igloo got buried. But I have a feeling this snow is going to be with us for a while. I'm sure we'll have plenty of opportunities!

A hammock full of snow.

Stay warm, everyone!

6 comments:

  1. We are out here too! My kids made some tunnels under all the snow. And now I see one has a bucket to build something. I love all this snow!

    :)Lisa

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is a cool igloo. We are getting a ton here too. I wonder how long it will take to get things back to normal...and there's more on the way.

    OnceUponAParent.Blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a wonderful igloo. We're buried here too, but haven't ventured out into the snow yet... hopefully tomorrow. So glad to have found your blog!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm thinking tomorrow may be tunnels and snow caves for us! It really is amazing, isn't it? And my parents in Maine are calling me and saying, "I can see grass in my backyard!" Aha, now the shoe is on the other foot... :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. That looks like such fun! Stay warm and do things you wouldn't normally have the opportunity to!

    ReplyDelete
  6. That is an amazing bunch of snow! Looks like you guys are making the best of it. I love the pics. For some odd reason, I'd really love to jump in that hammock!

    ReplyDelete